PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Nov 2008, 19:11
smallfry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the recruiters could predict a major recession they would be millionaires!
Also what kind of people would you put on your interview panel? people who are unhappy and miserable with the company, or those that are positive? How exactly does the fact that things have slowed down for everyone make NJE such an evil place. If you join a company with 1000+ pilots, expecting to jump 500 other copilots for a command in a matter of months, then you are probably dissappointed. Show me any other aviation company this size where you can do that these days. People are not leaving shiny big jets to join NetJets from the majors... but they are leaving from smaller outfits that are probably no better or - shock - horror - possibly even worse. Nobody is forcing you to apply or join NJE. The vast majority that do choose to join NJE have done so with their eyes open, and are enjoying themselves. Yes, there is less flying at the moment, but we are still doing OK. Look around, airlines are folding everywhere. T and C are getting less attractive everywhere. XL, Alitalia, Austrian... Those are / were big operations, and they aren't doing so well at the moment. BA, for example, used to be the one of the best places to work, now they are working max hours, min rest, max utilisation...
There is a lot of NJE bashing, well, OK, but I have been in for a while, am in a good position, but am not blinkered. I know there is always room for improvement, and it is a slow process, but I have no plans to leave.
If you choose that NJE is not for you, thats fine, but just because it doesn't suit you personally does not make it bad. Salaries are paid on time, rosters are solid, and we are generally treated like adults.
Yes there are other operators out there flying less hours, for more money and rosy night stops, but they have their downsides too. Thats the same with the airlines. You are welcome to apply for them if you wish. They probably do not have that much hiring going on at the moment, and with low hours you are not going to get a command any quicker! If you have tons of relevant hours, and you are in the running for a direct entry command, congratulations and best of luck to you. I mean it, I am very pleased for you. For those joining NJE with lots of hours, expecting a quick command, why are you leaving your previous job? Mostly in my experience it is because the previous employer has gone bust or is awful or is flying turboprops in the third world...
Last time I checked we live in a free market. Nobody has to do anything that they don't want, and that includes working for NJE. The vast majority of us in NJE are enjoying the job. So mr B767, thanks for your application, and sorry we weren't what you wanted, but if you chose not to join should we all cry into our drinks and change to suit you? I think not. I am sure we will be OK without you. Over time I imagine there will be further change, and hopefully it will be good for us, maybe not so good, but thats the thing with aviation, or any job, who knows what is around the next corner. If I think that NJE no longer suits me, I will look for something else, but presently, in this current uncertain climate, I think that we are in a good place to weather the storm. There are other places where I would not feel so confident!.

Having followed the threads on NJE, the detractors are concerned that the pro NJE guys are all blinkered. well, I think that most of the people from NJE that post are pretty realistic, and yes, positive. But very few claim it is perfect. The detractors don't even work for the company and have a lot to say, mostly negative. Mostly based on? who knows, but luckily the vast majority of NJE crews that I know / meet / talk to are mature, sensible and able to make their own minds up regarding their futures.