PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - female pilot RN
Thread: female pilot RN
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 17:09
wannabe87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
''Ask yourself whether it is the Navy that you want, or to becone a Pilot. I always wanted to be an RAF pilot''

i did look into the RAF a couple of years but by the time id come back from travelling and done the prep i needed to i would be pushing the age limit of 23... thought did also consider WSOp (L) but then after studying naval history and being in plymouth especially- i think a bit of the naval influence has rubbed off on me, also might have something to do with my lecturer! yes defintely something im going to have to consider on my travels but at the moment its almost certainly pilot (and RN)

''My point - if you want to fly, do whatever it takes to get there. I spent years telling myself that I wasn't good enough after the careers office rejected me over a poor comp. test - shattering a childhood dream''

yes, havent got too that point yet nor was it ever a childhood dream but still i have large people telling me im crazy and i'd never do it- hmm great bunch of supporters i have eh

one thing thats just occured to me is that i know i want this but on the other hand i have never actually flown anything in my life- there is always the possibility that i may hate it! ha can you imagine.. i cant see it happening myself but you never know!