PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter ops v Vortex Wake
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 15:10
DANAIRB6ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helicopter ops v Vortex Wake

I'd be interested to know how various units integrate their helicopter movements with simultaneous airliner movements with regard to Vortex wake separation.

I cannot seem to find any definite reference in any of the CAP documents, and those which are published appear to be open to personal interpretation.

If for example the heli aiming point is north of a runway, but less than 760m from the centreline do you, by the book, need to apply vortex spacing between an inbound heli and a departing airliner, or would an instruction "alight at the helispot remaining north of the runway, caution vortex wake from the departure" suffice?

I notice from the Heathrow charts that the heli aiming point is located in link 43, how does this work with respect to vortex from 09R departures?

On a related note we've been advised that a helicopter on an air taxi, or hovering is not affected by vortex wake. Can this actually be found in writing in any document?

This is my first posting to PPRUNE in the hope of generating useful debate about issues which may be obvious to many, but possibly open to interpretation by others!

More to follow.........

6ER

Last edited by DANAIRB6ER; 14th Nov 2008 at 13:11.