PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Nov 2008, 11:48
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJE haven't lost customers? Why don't you give Moody a ring and ask him how many shares he has for sale on his books.

I just love the NJE employees, they are so brain washed into believing that their company is the best. Guys take off your rosy coloured glasses and ask yourself if everything was so perfect at NJE why cancel indocs? Why cancel interviews? Why delay deliveries? Why allow so many companies to flog NJE shares?

What do you want 1/16th of a bravo or half a G5? You can get those in an hour. Want a delivery position for a NJ hawker or a Falcon? You can get those in 5 minutes.

Be realistic, NJE is not the perfect company there are better paying ones, with better T&C, better rosters and no mess with tax.

Most crew I know are happier and make double of what a NJE crew make, fly less and have a better life style.

Working for NJE is hard work, it pays a below market rate of pay, you work double the industry average and you work for the yanks!

To each his/her own, if you like being a small cog in a big lumpy wheel work for NJE, you don't have to think for your self just do what you are told put in your 5-6 days and be exhausted on your 3-4 off.

Or you could get a job in the real world of business aviation. Work 10-12 day in the busy season a month, do spend overnights in 5 star hotels, fly on average 1 sector in new aircraft a day followed by 1-3 days on the beach, shopping in NY, sightseeing in Peru or walking down the marina in Sardinia. Get paid what you are really worth, no questions asked and be appreciated and respected for what you do.

T&C and pay at NJE has been eroded by guys accepting lousy deals just to get a RHS. This reflects bad on the industry as a whole.

I am raising this because I don't want our industry to end up like the Loco's in the UK where you pay for your rating, accept lousy T&C's and are treated like a leper in the high street.

NJE shoud be a last resort for crew, you fly there because either you can not get a good job or the good jobs are just not available.

I have flown with and know dozens of ex NJE, some even admit that NJE is really good in their indoc, they make you believe that it is the best thing since sliced bread. All have woken up since and moved on.

I reiterate; this is not just a NJE bashing. Be careful out there, you may get sucked in to the Lisbon cult. But then flying at NJE beats sitting at home bored.