PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 09:19
Longhitter

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Philipat:

Dude, this is a pilot forum. If you start bashing pilots then you should not be surprised at a lot of flak in return. If you want to have a clusterf**k with your investor buddies: go to a different forum (unless you enjoy being bashed, but then you probably have your computer in a a basement with lots of 'fun' rubber / leather items around... ).

I-Ford and Navigante represent the AZ pilot point of view, and of course they look at things from a different angle than the average bean-counter. So far their replies to my questions have been frank and clear and not in the Mr. Know-it-all tone that you have taken to.

The situation in AZ is FUBAR to say the least, and while the unions are not the most realistic and flexible ones they mostly only reacted to mismanagement and political meddling on a spectacular scale. I certainly would not like to be in the situation that AZ pilots are in. They did not create the biggest problems in AZ, but are now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Just imagine how frustrating that must be. If the present plan to 'rescue' AZ is not viable, then opposing it makes sense. The fact that they are prepared to lose their job over it means that they are either very stupid or very convinced that the new plan will not lead to a profitable restart for AZ. My money is on the latter.

Philipat: you spend a lot of time bashing Alitalia pilots when there is much more reason to criticise Olympic personnel. They have been striking and blocking runways over plans to privatise Olympic for weeks, being far less reasonable and yet you did not mention them once. Any particular beef with AZ?