PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware landing at Farnborough
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 09:07
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost man Standing

I am starting to wish I had never bothered to post this. I did not expect to get into Fairoaks or Farnborough but did want to get as close to where my passengers needed to be.

I had a number of other options icluding Southend Lydd, Southampton Bournemouth or turning back north where there were a host of pure VMC airports.

Having gone into Farnborough I posted this to warn PPLs of the cost and the need to prove your emergency diversion to avoid such a huge landing fee.
I did not arttempt to avoid it myself.

From the days (not that long ago) when I flew with friends in a PA28 for a cup of coffee into places like Manchester or Luton the changes now for light GA are massive and the options for using light GA as a serious means of transport are getting less and less.

That was my message.

The people at Farnborough are great and I have used Farnborough flying corporate jets a number of times.

BEagle

I bet you are active in the local residents association amd neighbourhood watch. I have flown with some great Pilots in my time so keep to your world because I wouldnt want to be in it.

Take care

Pace