PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporeair Captain recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 08:03
Flaperon777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SIA---

I would agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT with chambudzi...........absolutely 100%.....!! No more recruitment for the time being but 'ALL IN' will be honoured as is the practice with SIA and in this part of asia.All in at this point and time ARE, AND WILL be safe and here for good....!!
No more recruitment for at least another 18 months is what I hear.
Those in the midst of the recruitment process may suffer a little.As would be anywhere else in the world......
Very very sensible company is SIA is what I hear.They definitely know their assets AND their liabilities.....!! And the vastly experienced,wholly knowledgeable expat commander is quite surely the biggest asset they have at present and can count on in the near future when the the turbulent air smoothens out.Because when that happens(and it will),u can bet your last dollar that there will be a scramble by airlines for the experienced pilot.Which unfortunately may not be around for the picking cause you let him go in the first place!!
This is where SIA is playing smart and is retaining the experienced ,trained(maybe even expat) captain but probably may let go of some potential retirees or even brand new FO's.
Keep the hired hands but let go of the old ones seems to be the mantra here.
Lets see....

Last edited by Flaperon777; 10th Nov 2008 at 09:04.