Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 02:57
jeta108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scurvy.D.Dog.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/2004/pdf/Review_of_midair_col.pdf

3.1 Number of collisions
The review identified 37 midair collisions involving general aviation aircraft in
Australia during the 1961-2003 period.5 Appendix A provides basic details on the 37
midair collisions.

37 collisions / 46 fatalities / 42 year period.

PlankBlender. I know what the proposal is and is based on 100% of the fleet being equipped. Thus to guarantee this happens you will have to mandate it because people like me and many others won't voluntarily embrace it.

You were the one who said you were not rich by any stretch of the imagination. I agree with your purpose for ownership, but simply say we, as in all aircraft owners are treated like 'silvertails' are seen to be rich. I'm certainly not in the same socio-economic bracket as some of the contributors here are.

You keep referring to the subsidy as if it is a 'done deal'. I maintain it is not and there is a better than average chance, (PROBABILITY), that it will amount to nothing.

"IF" ADSB is mandated and "IF" the subsidy amounts to zero, there will be costs that you and I will have to carry. Good luck to all if it goes the other way, It's just that I have been made promises by Governments and Bureaucrats that habitually have a habit of amounting to piss and wind.

Have you considered any plan B?

Have you seen anything written in blood by anyone that guarantees an irrevokable subsidy?