PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ADSB
Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 00:29
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bing
Yes it has all been covered in depth, however some folks are interested in re hashing one view of the equation, a view full of half truths and no technical or financial reality attached .. can’t have that go unanswered now can we!
GAAP as I said is different, however, perhaps even in that environ there is a role for aural alerting via ADS-B ‘IN’ .. now if you were the type to get off your arse and do some asking around you would know what the actual state of play is. Lets say for arguments sake, the algorithms being used scale target range with speed and calculate targets that will come within close (unsafe) proximity and ‘announce’ those only. The aural alerts (one imagines) would be ‘scheduled’ with VHF etc so that one does not squash the other … aside from that extremely valuable alerting, eyes out are enhanced by aural as pilots will not need to look at the screen, in fact most aircraft including training aircraft will likely not have a screen to look at!
As for your feedback from others …. I’ll raise you a broad spectrum of private owners through to and including charter and RPT! .. mind you, the difference between them I suppose is the folks I have spoken to know the technology and where it is at now, you more likely have sold the ADS-B system as you have in here .. that is of course if you have spoken to any owners at all about ADS-B! It will fit in a Victa you know!
ADS-B IN loss of control …. Fair dinkum … you really are clutching at straws!
Self interested profit motive? Really how so? .. sounds like horse feathers in the absence of any realistic objection! Now, if I were as petty and rude as you and the other two, I might be tempted to say something like:-
Have any share’s in RADAR or TAS companies Bing? .. or is this more about Part103 and the RADAR C directive? …. I suppose you vote National as well!!!
.... but I'm not, so I won't
Scurvy.D.Dog. The figures came from ATSB. Take your fits of denial up with them. They are an average.
.. ... link thanks, then we will put the context to the average .. that might clarify how some would (in ingnorance) misuse it in a piss poor attempt to justify inaction!
If it works you are required to use it
.. IF IT WORKS ... pffffff
Keep it up boys!