PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 9th Nov 2008, 22:36
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd like to add a response to the piece if anyone saw it. Bob Ainsworth can not say he has apologised to the families when we have not been visited by him in court or even received a letter from him, unless you class watching the TV or listen to the radio then there has been no apology received. he has not addressed us, and i refute that claim. he has been written to about this and other issues, as has AVM Hillier.
The report also mentioned about improved benefits for those injured (which is right and proper) and they mentioned about the offering of compensation to those left behind when a solider is lost. Considering the failings, admissions and ahem, apologies, there has been no offer, so again they lie to try and represent themselves to be trying to put things right. Let's look at what has to happen each time in order for something to be corrected. pointless loss of life and constant questioning and campaigning for measures that still have to be coaxed into place each time. It seems that the only time the MoD will do anything is when they are backed into a corner, even then if they can wriggle out they will. It's time to stop being reactive and start to be proactive. I have asked for questions in parliament to be asked and i am pursuing all avenues, but the time is an issue when working full time and with small children, but i am still working on it. the issue of the hercules runs deeper than ESF and is one that cannot be walked away from. MoD this lady is not for turning!

rant off!