PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAx Clearance Readback Requirements
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2008, 12:40
cribble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAx Clearance Readback Requirements

As with most of us, I like to do it right. As an instructor of mine once remarked "The commonest way other pilots judge your professionalism is on the RT and in the break".

Any guidance from ATCOs, especially in LAX would be appreciated (I'm away from JEPP contact)

We get PDC from LAX and the ATIS says (inter alia) ".. on receipt of your clearance, readback only initial assigned altitude unless you have any questions..."

I can't see any difference between a PDC and an aural clearance: ie I read back the assigned altitude. My Captain on this duty thinks otherwise, due to an entry in our company Route Guide that says ".. normally a readback of PDC is not required..."

Its not a big deal (and the difference in views is very good -natured) but there is a beer on it when we get back to LA from London in a couple of days. My intention is to save any replies (either way) and flash up my laptop somewhere near LAS and share with him.

LAX people: What is the official interpretation please? (An authoritative ref would ice the cake, either way).