PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2008, 12:01
Locarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerospace101 what exactly do you mean by that?

As for the loan - well yeah, HSBC stopping the funding is certainly a huge problem and it takes a lot away from what is so good about CTC in the first place.

Don't let it stop you from applying, that would just be crazy. Remember, you're paying them so if you do pass, you can defer it for ages!

And the loan? I know some guys on CTC now that are either self sunded or couldn't get a loan from HSBC for one reason or the other....And as far as I can tell, getting a secured loan all comes down to owning a house.

So, if you want to be a pilot, you've got to own a house, and use that as collateral for the bank. Don't have a house? Beg your mum/dad/aunt/uncle/granma/grandad/neighbour/friend to guarentee your loan with their house. I mean, no pressure - if you fail then everything they've worked for all their life to get their house mortgage free is gone.

On the other hand, if you don't fail - you're mint.

Anyways, CTC haven't released anything official about what, if anything, they're going to do about the HSBC funding problem. You never know, they might have something stashed up their sleeve and it may just be worth while waiting for that little extra month or two to see if anything is offered.
If not, it's time to start being extra nice to those parents!