PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines - Inflight Duty Free sale question.
Old 9th Nov 2008, 10:51
707-338

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately Singapore Airlines only include a pair of socks and a toothbrush in their little kit they hand you. No earplugs or visor. I can handle the fact that they want to sell duty free etc on the flight but what I found stupid was the timing and that they kept the lights on the full setting. The sale could have been done earlier in the flight or at the end but not at a time that most wanted sleep to prepare for their day in Sydney. I myself had to pickup a hire car and drive. There were passengers with small kids that were kept awake because selling duty free was more important than pax comfort.

I am actually more angrier now that I know they are working on a commission. Being a Cabin Supervisor (Loadmaster) on the recently retired RAAF 707's, I would have to tear the Crew Attendants a new behind if they had performed like the SA cabin crew did on this flight (and not just about the duty free).

Rant over. Next is my letter to Singapore Airlines.

Cheers and thanks for the responses.