PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2008, 10:07
Longhitter

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Navigante, I-Ford,

First of all: I see your points and understand that there's more to the problem than meets the eye. I certainly do not envy your situation and am convinced that pilots in AZ are not the root of the predicament that AZ is in. I can understand that you would like to be represented by your peers, and that the terms and conditions offered are meager to say the least (including the way part-timers, parents, carers etc. are treated).

What I (and many others) don't understand is how you seem to be willing to shoot down your only opportunity to retain employment for two thirds of your colleagues over this. Standing up for your principles is one thing, committing collective job-suicide over them is another.

I will not get into a discussion on comparisons between AZ and AF-KL, Lufty and the likes because (although that is not the pilot's fault) there is no comparison. The closest thing to AZ is Olympic which faces a similar fate.

In these economically 'challenging' times probably your best option is to swallow your pride, accept that times are tough for the first couple of years and renegotiate terms when things look a little rosier.