PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay Rise for 2009
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2008, 07:45
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr777,
At our Band 2 unit there seems to be a tiredness of this pension issue.Don't forget that we have had these issues for over 15 years,so anything that comes from Prospect/Nats means that we are getting screed.

People has left the union in disgust.The difference with the pension issue is that this is the first time management are taking on the Band4/5 units.Before the lower band units got it,to keep the bigger units happy.The workforce was divided years ago.

Since the Banding process our traffic has exploded.Yet we have got nothing.
I have had quite a few people talk about working elsewhere,but they always said that the pension was the deciding factor.Well that looks a gonner now,even if we vote no.Also our pensions are already lower because of the huge pay gulf.

I have worked outside Nats and I found other employers fine.They paid you at the end of the month,or contract.In the second case,about 3 times what Nats were paying at the time.However they certainly didn't keep moving the goalposts every 5 mins like Nats.If NSL was sold maybe things might improve.There is a huge shortage of experienced Tower/Approach controllers,and the new NSL will have to staff these units.They will have to train there own (no college anymore ?),or do a Serco;poach.Just look at the ads in Flight.There are vacancies everywhere,and one even has a final salary pension scheme.
In the meantime people are past the fighting stage here,and are looking at what suits themselves.The union certainly isn't of any use.