PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2008, 03:02
Joetom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of points.

Nose gear air/ground sense, people have mentioned left wheel and right wheel sensors, is it correct to say, when the the nose oleo extends to a said extension that two sensors(may be 1+2 or L/H+R/H sensors) config the airplane into the air mode and talking of L/H or R/H wheel sensors can confuse people ?

Most MEL's I have seen mention a set of conditions/checks that may be required to allow use of the said MEL item, for the MEL item in question, do MEL's have any conditions/checks(apart from weather) ?

Some comments on hear mention that engineering should of researched more about the pilot's reported defect, should this be the case, then every item in the MEL should have the conditions that engineering should check every possible interconnection before using the MEL, and I guess the conditions should also ask the pilots to do the same !

Always worth remembering, engineers often work alone and do not have another person sitting next to them to talk over any issues, even cabin crew use two staff to check if doors are in auto/man mode, also engineers hours of work and sleep patterns are not well regulated to say the least.

Sounds like lots of learning from this accident, lets hope all the lessons are put in to practice to save lives in the future.

My thoughts with all involved. Joetom.