PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 23:08
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Galdian,

You're spot on with the Japanese versus bilateral tax etc, however, I do believe Crew take out some tax from the pilots' wages, whereas Parc do not (as you no doubt are very aware). I know what you mean about the contractors taking out Superannuation/pension/savings plan/401K (roll up and take your choice of descriptor) money but I was specifically talking about tax being an entirely different debit. I suppose we'll have to wait for one of the US pilots with Crew to let us know the whole story but at least we answered Hobbit's question, i.e. the wages quoted are before tax.

JetMidway,

Oh yes! Full blood works on the medical including HDL/LDL and then they do it all again after you pass your JCAB ATPL sim check. The screening medical is pretty well identical to the next medical but the first is a Company medical, as opposed to the second which is a JCAB medical. The one after the sim check is your first JCAB medical and is the one used to issue your medical certificate. This medical, as I said previously, is very similar to the screening and it, too, includes full blood works.