PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 22:29
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst this thread is about Aurigny, I must add that Flybe do not pick and choose which routes to cancel. They are a succesful company, something which few airlines can claim to be at the moment, and they make sensible business decisions. They will cancel a route if passengers do not use it enough - whats wrong with that? why should they waste money operating a service which people do not use. Chances are that those people who do not use the service are those that then slag them off on websites and media when they drop it

Aurigny are a bit of a joke as they have a small number of routes out of Guernsey and to the best of my knowledge have not introduced any new routes for a very very long time. They have bitched and moaned about Flybe and in particularly the GCI-MAN route which Flybe made clear from day one was only a summer route. What is clear is that passengers chose to travel with Flybe and as a result Aurigny's business slipped, hence why they groaned when Flybe stopped the route.

Guernsey is big enough for two operators although I do think that island residents and the GCI government need to wake up, open their eyes and realise that Flybe have carried a large number of passengers compared to Aurigny and I suspect generated a fair amount for GCI economy. Jet service or no jet service, they still carry more passengers on their services out of GCI compared to 'the national state owned airline'

Aurigny will not go anywhere because it has GCI government backing but it does not mean that people will choose Aurigny over any other carrier as a result. Their service levels are no better than Flybe's or any other airlines for that matter - the only carrier in the Channel Islands with a slight difference is Blue Islands.