PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli Aust 139 jobs in WA
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 21:56
flapbak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't believe the Hype!

Integrity's experience is very diferent to my own: I've found management to be particulary good, and the company very accommodating (and no, I'm not HA management!).

WRT the 139 positions, poor communications with applicants was probably due to a combination of LOTS of applicants (over 150 for co-pilot), one HR manager who had trouble keeping up with the workload, and workers on Perth Airport digging up a telecommunications cable that resulted in HA losing phones and internet for about 3 weeks. A lot of applicants were well in excess of minimums (I believe somewhere between 6-18 ex CHC Nigeria(?) AW139 qualified pilots applied, but don't quote me), and typical co-pilot applicants held ATPLs and well in excess of the 500 hours minimum. Accordingly successful applicants needed "a tick in every box": they were minimum equirements afterall, and given the quantity and quality of applicants I don't think it unrealistic that applications not meeting the minimums weren't processed. I agree getting information from the company in August/September was extremely difficult, but they were powerless to get the phonelines back any quicker (deemed a low priority by Telstra as they weren't an RPT operator). Mobiles were on, but you had to have a means to get the number. I do agree that not communicating with all applicants to advise them ASAP as to their competitiveness is a bit poor, but I think the company was swamped with the number of applicants and then hamstrung when they lost comms. Not an excuse, but more to the story than most appreciate.

Anyone out there who was/is considering applying to HA in the future should not be put off by Integrity's comments: his experiences are obviously very different to mine, and I couldn't recommend the company highly enough. Typically everyones experience with an employer are different, and I doubt there's an operator that hasn't had negative comments made about them at some stage on this forum.

Flapbak