PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dan Air 1008
Thread: Dan Air 1008
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 18:20
DAN DARE MANCHESTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up flight 1008

hi i might be able to help you, my parents had friends whos daughter and her husband wher killed on this flight, although they have both since also passed away the girl who was killed has a twin sister who lives near by me. although i was only 12 at the time of this accident i remember it very clearly as most of the dead where burried in southern cemetery in chorlton manchester, i went to chorlton high school which is near the cemetery and i will never forget the huge marque that was put up and all the coffins going down the road. i agree with you this was a devestating accident that in todays terms was and has been very much brushed under the carpet, you always get one knob head talking bull**** about digging up the past, its not about digging up the past its about respecting and remembering the victims just as we do for all cases of tragedy thats what history is all about thats why iam going to armistace sunday tomorrow or should i not bother as it will upset all the families by digging up the past ?