PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware landing at Farnborough
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 10:50
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEeagle

Yes I am aware of Farnborough and have used it a number of times with corporate jets. No I did not check the landing cost.

One hint I will give you is that when you fly because you have to you do learn to play the system a little and that is the case with every corporate or airline pilot I know.

But if you were fully prepared, as your subsequent posts show, to pay a normal landing fee at Farnborough because you already had it as your alternate in your mind/plan, and just were surprised by this rather steep fee, then fine. I agree.
Backpacker

The above was correct if I implied otherwise it was more to generate an awareness and discussion of likely problems for the poor PPL who is then faced with huge bills he can ill afford.

My post was also a genuine concern at light GA being pushed out of the system by ever increasing costs and thus making light GA a fun pastime rather than a serious travel tool. I can remember years ago flying a PA28 into places like Manchester and Luton for a cup of coffee. What a change now.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 8th Nov 2008 at 11:20.