PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest Australia
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 09:15
sharz87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regional.. give it a go! :)

Hey guys,
Just thought I'd say good luck Breeza!
I started flying with a "large regional airline" about 18 months ago and haven't looked back! Although it may not be as "glamorous" as the larger carriers working for a regional airline definitely has its perks!

I have met some of the most lovely passengers ( a lot of them country folk) since i started flying and due to the small passenger numbers a lot of the time you actually get the opportunity to sit down and get to know a few of your passengers and you may even get regulars from time to time! Working for a smaller company you'll probably find the crew tend be a lot more close knit and very friendly as it more like a family environment.
Regional flying is certainly nothing to "snuff" at, the lifestyle is just as good if not better than the larger carriers. ( and we still get decent staff travel benefits too!)

I have certainly heard postive things about skywest being a good company to work for with high staff moral. At the end of the day money will come and go but its the experience and your happiness that counts! " It's often the journey itself that brings us the most satisfaction not the end destination" :P

I wish you all the very best for your future flying adventures =)

Last edited by sharz87; 9th Nov 2008 at 02:03.