PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aircraft down near bathurst
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 01:55
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ofcourse I'm not HH. My response is to those that believe we should not speculate as to the reason this accident occured. I am not a believer in sitting on ones hands and waiting for the "authorities" to tell us what happened after the event. History is littered with cases of fence sitters that allowed disasters to occur without questioning why or how. If only the co pilot of the Guruda flight that crashed by landing too fast had spoken out before hand is one recent case in point.
How would it be if your local mechanic on hearing funny noises coming from your steering box just said nothing, or an electrician on smelling a strange smell from the airconditioning duct elected to wait and see if the fire brigade could tell the cause after the fire!
The very reason the flight safety mag is produced is to encourage discussion so all may learn from the accident and hopefully not repeat it.
I have no room at my workplace for anyone to work with or for me that does not make decisions or speak out or question anything to do with safety.
Now while this particular case may have had no chance to question prior to the event to now say we should not speculate or enquire as to the cause......come on.
The aim of the game is not to let the holes in the swiss cheese line up.

Last edited by mostlytossas; 8th Nov 2008 at 02:05.