PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Have you got your pistol, dear'
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2001, 08:22
Down and Welded

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From a previous poster...

Can you imagine the potential fear generated amongst the inexperienced travelling public caused by these smart remarks on-board?

I've read about a few of these 'incidents' since Sept 11. They were either wisecrack comments or innocent discussion taken out of context by crew. I doubt they caused much in the way of fear (potential or otherwise) amongst other pax. I DO think they provided convenient opportunities for on-edge security and/or crew members to give vent to some of their emotion - fully aware that in the circumstances, they could prevail and would not be challenged.

This is nothing more than a form of bullying under the dubious camouflage of righteous indignation. We are ALL grieving for the victims of this outrage.

[i]It must be obvious to even the above writers that Sep 11 was caused by people posing as ordinary pax. [/I

Yes it was, but they were definitely not pax who were going to draw unecessary attention to themselves by cracking stupid jokes at the check-in counter!

Crews, airport staff and most importantly pax themselves are paranoid about other pax.

If this is indeed so, then those employees need to think about a change, either of job or of work environment. Cool heads are needed.

Sadly nothing can be taken for granted anymore and these remarks can't be tolerated.

The first statement is unarguable - as to the second, re-read the above. Such airline industry staff need to ponder their futures and perhaps reconsider their tolerance thresholds.