Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:00
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick

Am I confused?

You state
The issue is complex and a disaster because of bureaucrats all around the world who appear to have no commonsense and rarely ask advice.
So, I check the AOPA USA site and find they have written supporting ADS-B in line with the recommendations of the FAA ARC Report.

Then I note you mention the forthcoming Oz ABIT meeting - a get together of industry people to debate and provide constructive advice - to the bureaucrats who rarely ask it no less.

YOU are making the issue more complex. The ADS-B proposal in the USA has no comparison or relevance to the Australian proposal except they both use the term ADS-B.

Should the cross industry funding vanish, the mandate be withdrawn, a dual system with a transition level be mooted, Oz suddenly experience the 1090 congestion affecting several areas of the USA, and our airspace and constitution change - then perhaps at that time there would be something to consider from the USA experience.

You owe me an apology for the damage I did to myself falling over laughing
There is no way I am going to waste my time in giving the information to those who hide behind anonymity.
Best make sure you get the names of everyone you address at the AEA Conference if that's the case. Might be an anon Murphie in the audience, powered by JetA1.

But, at least we got the interesting information you wanted to give us after your USA trip - you are guest speaker at a conference. Congratulations.