PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 IAE V2500 powered VS A320 CFM powered?
Old 7th Nov 2008, 17:57
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
V2500 Engine Display

Thanks Max,

The V2500 display looks depressingly familiar. They should definitely enlarge the decimals to the same size as the "1", reducing the size of the latter if necessary. I'm a purist, but I still think the "1" is over-emphasised at the expense of the other digits. Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been 7 years), but by definition the EPR is never less than 1?

The fuel flow display is squeezed over to a non-ergonomic position, which is also a shame.

To sum up: room for improvement.

Was I right (Post#10) that digital fuel-flow readings go haywire during engine accel/decel? It's a pity, because fuel flows used to work brilliantly as a thrust indicator on early Speys, for example. They are pretty-well independent of ambient temps at a given altitude, and, flying on one engine, the total fuel flow is about the same (well, maybe 10% more to allow for the sideslip).

Interesting that the graphic shows the No.2 engine N1 spooling up slower than No.1's, although the EPRs are the same. But it illustrates well that the FADEC's basic job is to provide an EPR.

Last edited by Chris Scott; 7th Nov 2008 at 18:32. Reason: Added: Total fuel-flow as an indication of total thrust