PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wake Turbulence - Did you know...?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 15:29
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMEX,
I don´t know where you fly, where I fly (mostly europe) I´ll be told either by the plate or ATC how quick to fly (yeah I´m the captain, still I like the Idea of complying to instructions).
His Dudeness I was referring to the threshold target speed only and in answer to a specific post. 160 to 4 etc, I am well aware of it but since one of the contributors mentioned that he always flew Vref+5 or +10 all the way to touchdown , I was highlighting that high on the glide and fast with a modern jet was not the safest. As an aside, you are the Captain and you are asked to fly at a certain speed. If you are unable to comply, you do not have to but you must advise ATC so they can take it into account and work out a plan B if necessary. As far as I know, nobody asks you to fly at a certain speed when passing the threshold. At least not in the Europe I fly around.

I was not pointing my finger at BelArgUSA as I have read his post and understood it too. But since we were on an educational post, it appeared fair to mention that one has to realise all the implications of doing things one way or another.

I have no doubt I would have been clearer with you and others, whilst having a few beers.