PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Live in the centre of Paris and work from CDG?
Old 7th Nov 2008, 15:11
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"je restais dans le sujet". . unlike the Europe Air Post thread then, where the info on jobs is secondary to " Stephanie" but I digress.
My point simply is that it would have been more helpful, if you indeed wanted to offer the original poster some advice, to answer in a language you know he understands, rather than being so "precious" to guard your little bit of France in this very Anglophone site.

With manflex55 & 5 RINGS having each other for company, I am sure they don't need any more sarcasm from me anyhow. You should note that I freely admit ( as I stated in my post) that us Brits suffer from the same myopia as regards the language we expect to communicate in ( I speak English & if they don't understand I SPEAK ENGLISH LOUDLY, kinda sums it up) I was merely pointing out my experience of how ridiculous it can appear to an outsider when someone automatically assumes their own language will be understood & used, without even acknowledging that it is perhaps a little optimistic to expect everyone to understand it. As I said, worldwide British/Anglophone optimism is a little more justified, lucky for us ,as we are so crap at & unwilling to learn languages ( although we are by no means alone in this attitude) but that I can partly blame on British schooling more than our "island mentality".

Anyhow, to go back to the (much) earlier post ,I was surprised that manflex thinks Paris St Lazare is an easy 25 min (even if you avoid the main routes) my experience of Parisian traffic would suggest that was only sure at silly o'clock and not all day. It is indeed 12 years since I used the RER to go to CDG but it seemed Ok if you disguised your "stripes" in Winter with a black anorak & in Summer adopted the "Waiter look" by removing your epaulettes & Airport I,D , but I guess Paris didn't get any safer since then ( like any European city nowadays)