PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Have you got your pistol, dear'
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2001, 12:46
HotDog
The Reverend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

radeng, no I don't think I'm missing the point. The ratio of "stupids" is very small compared to the sane. We always had an open cockpit door policy in my airline, the number of stupids in my 33 years on the flight deck I can count on one hand. However, we did have them; including a couple who stashed two aircraft life jackets in their hand baggage which unfortunately for them, were discovered during a security check by the cabin crew at Taipei airport where transit passengers have to disembark. In those days perhaps some people's juvenile sense of humour, although irritating, was accepted but not any more and the sooner these people learn to keep their mouth shut, the better. Remember the guy who came home late from an extramarital romp and smeared billiard cue chalk on his pullover? When his wife challenged him about his late arrival, he told her he was down the road ravishing this big ti**ed blond. Don't lie to me, screamed his wife, I know you were in the pool hall, you are covered in chalk.