PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay Away From Cabair Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 12:29
T's & P's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-Lack of instructors
-Poor standard of training:I've been with Cabair for a while,met a bunch of students and NEVER,I say again,NEVER anyone got a first time pass.(This is not an opinion but simply a fact.)
-Too many mistakes in the accounting. You need to double check always your balance otherwise.....

I did my ATPL ground school and IR at EPTA (cabair bournemouth), passed first time with no issues, so thats not really a fact is it? I agree with the lack of instructors - not really their fault, and keeping one eye on your account is standard practice with most schools is it not?

-Management/Operations: The school is the furtherest away (compared to the other one in Bournemouth) from the planes.You will need to walk for 15 minuts before you get to the planes.
The ridiculous thing is that there is an operator at the school but she could not even tell you if the plane was refuelled or not. You will waste 1 hour.

BCFT are in a good position in that they have a door leading directly to the apron. Unless your crawling from cabair to the aircraft its a five minute walk tops. Also, the fuel truck does the rounds quite often and fills up the a/c without prompting, hence why ops won't know the status. They normally call through to check but its usually down to the student to sort it.

-Aircraft always in maintanance.
-No flying schedules;Most of the time you just stay at school all day with no idea what time you are gonna fly. You need to go to school in the morning and then wait and wait....

With only 3 twins and a couple of singles it only takes one aircraft in maintenance to stuff up the schedules...anyway, the aircraft are rather old and i'd rather them properly maintained than not! Again, flying schedules were rather good when i was there (2 months ago!), hanging around all day can become common practice but if your training for a license you should have plenty to do , right?

-The treatment and attitude towards the student.

Lastly, i found that the way you treat the staff dictates the way they treat you, become a little whinger moaning at the slightest of hiccups and your not likely to get much respect in return. They do their best to get you through whichever course your doing so they can make way for the next student. If you have any genuine issues talking to Jane or John (CFI) is probably the best bet. Moaning about it on a public forum is not professional in the slightest.

Just thought a reply from someone who actually trained and completed a course there might be a little more subjective

Last edited by T's & P's; 7th Nov 2008 at 12:30. Reason: Add another point