PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wake Turbulence - Did you know...?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 12:02
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BelArgUsa

I am not knocking your advice as you are obviously a thinking pilot rather than a computer mentality pilot.

Your flying is real flying compared to the highly regulated and highly automated type of flying today.

Having flown third world ferries in what can only be described as "character" business jets I would identify with you more than the new way. I can think of some hot, high, and heavy takeoffs we made which were not even in the performance graphs but we had massive runways in Africa so more a case of needbe and estimate the takeoff figures.

My son is flying for Easy Jet on a 737 at the age of 22 in the UK. They no longer land aeroplanes but have forced arrivals for fear of using a foot more runway than need be and it made me wonder how they would take such advice? What do you do in the same situation where your runway length is more limited?

Spunky Monkey

The reason I fly corporate is the same as yours It was the ref to landing past a heavy which itself landed long which concerned me not so much on a massive runway but using the same technique on shorter runways, not the dot high on the glide.

BelArgUSA

Good luck with the retirement

Last edited by Pace; 7th Nov 2008 at 12:17.