PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone fancy a walk ?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 09:31
fantaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all,

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read and post on this very worthwhile subject. To all of those who have PM’d me, I am slowly getting round to replying to them all, I just wasn’t expecting close on 25 in one day.

Minigundiplomat, who had the idea and posted it on the forum, has now gone OOA and I seem to have inadvertently put myself forward to organise this. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into this and with your help, we really could make a huge dent in that two million pounds target.

Planning is now very much underway, with a few changes to the original idea. The idea of walking to or from Germany did seem like a good one however, we would have had major problems in two areas. The German public and the Gewrman Government granting us dip clearance for such an event. Therefore, we have decided to go with a relay style walk around former Bomber Command bases, probably ending at Scampton.

I will keep the board updated as we go along and if things do seem slow, it’s because we’re working hard behind the scenes with all the organising. If you think you can help and would like to offer some of your spare time, please do get in touch via the PM facility.

Thanks again

Fantaman