PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's new staff travel policy from Apr.09
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 08:46
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Retired staff group at BA seems to have done nothing to stop this

Retired Staff are supposedly represented by the Retired Staff Liasion Council, who are appointed by B.A. after invitation - not elected by the retired staff.

In this case, the R.S.L.C. and all the Union reps. affected were sworn to a Confidentiality Agreement i.e. not to divulge to anyone - even the groups they were supposed to represent - what was being discussed, and eventually agreed - or dictated, take your choice.

The document was signed on 15th Nov.2007. and it was available on the staff website from about early Dec. I last printed myself a hard-copy in May 2008. On 18th October, 2008, I was advised that the document on the website had been altered, but we're not sure precisely when it was in fact altered ( you do read it every day, don't you !! ) Page 6 previously explained what had always been the case i.e. one gains an annual free trip after 20 yrs service, and 2 annual free trips after 30 yrs service.

Page 6 has now been amended - but the date still stays at 15.11.07 - and the amendment now states that for those retiring between 1.12.07 and 31.03.09, and only for that small group of beneficiaries, they will now be granted 2 free trips after only 20 yrs. I wonder why ?

Go to www.BA-be-fair.com - and read the comments as well.

Nil Illigetimum Carborundum

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 8th Nov 2008 at 04:27.