PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 07:47
philipat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is That It?

It seems to me that this thread has PROBABLY, despite the variable quality of inputs over the pages, highlighted several highly important issues regarding Crew disciplne and various technical weaknesses with the MD8X series, including the TOCW system architecture.

I don't know, but it seems to me that the deceased and families are owed a little more of a sense of urgency than that being presently demonstrated by the various investigations in terms of reaching conclusions and being proactive in addressing same?

Yes, the relay problems are known and have already been communicated by Boeing to operators. Yes the need to check the TOCW warning ahead of EVERY departure was ADVISED (But not received by some carriers who received the aircraft AFTER the advisory. Are there others?) Yes, the failure to deploy slats/flaps was previously known and officially communicated.

But, ASSUMING, there is already enough data to confirm the PPRuNe conclusions, and I concede that this is speculative, perhaps in the extreme, I just wonder why more is not being done by this stage to re-visit and reinforce some of the earlier advisories.

My thoughts and prayers remain with the deceased and their families. I believe they deserve better.