PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ADSB
Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 06:48
VP AOPA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Smith

Your earlier post has been drawn to my attention.

To answer your question there are several reasons why I do not intend to post AOPA business on Pprune.

The first is that this is not the place to conduct AOPA business. That has been the cause of unnecessary angst in past times on Pprune plus work for the moderators. If you wish to conduct business with AOPA as a member, you know the way.

The second is my opinion of unsolicited past comments you have made by email and on Pprune concerning me and the AOPA Board. You have previously been advised of my sentiments by email.

The third, and most important to me, is that my AOPA priorities are not focussed on your fishing expeditions on this website. My spare AOPA energy is directed to re-establishing AOPA credibility with industry, our membership, and our finances following the near bankruptcy and member walkout as a consequence of events before my time involving some (un-named) who allowed egos and excesses free rein.

Finally, had you bothered to gather facts before making your post, you would have found it is AOPA Board policy not to post AOPA business on this forum. That agreement is mutually agreed with the moderators in the common interest, although I retain this user name in the (rare) event of a major issue needing an announcement.

The agreement is also a concession to other users of Pprune who do not wish organisational politics to disturb their 'quiet enjoyment' hereon. (Hint). Should they need my thoughts on ADS-B, my email and phone are available via the AOPA magazine.

I will be at the next ABIT meeting with other industry players. No doubt I will see you there.