PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chirps
Thread: Chirps
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 03:43
Romeo India Xray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was not clear in my original post because I wished to elicit ideas from as many people in as many locations as possible although now it seems it would be prudent to include the original information I left out.

This will be a project run in Latvia (a place currently lacking a CHIRP style system), but open to pilot reports from anywhere. It is certainly not an attempt to oust the UK CHIRP programme which is something of great value to which I have submitted reports myself on a number of occasions.

My current thinking is that this will be a mix of LOSA style obervational and pilot submitted reports (I am in a postition of currently setting up the LOSA style component here in LV). The idea behind the pilot submitted reports is that we are all continually facing the same threats and making the same errors. It is unlikely that you will be the first person to encounter any specific problem. By this means it would be possible to relay information about things that turned out to be a non-event but had the propensity to escalate into something greater. This is something that seems to be lacking (here and elsewhere).

My ultimate goal is to create something that can be used by crews everywhere any time and will be of value to all (including the GA pilot for whom airmanship is the closest definition he would otherwise get to TEM).

RIX