PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 22:12
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I am very near retirement and if working out of MAN or London City would consider it very strongly. ( I'll accept your apology Manrow!). I am lucky that by the time, if ever, IDs come up north I will be retired and free to ignore the need for an ID card
Actually it will not be as difficult as you think. Personally I will say no. If I am denied the right to work then the Union will have a direct dispute with the employer and will ballot for industrial action.
As we have seen in the last few days, nothing is solid in it's introduction. I believe Manchester and London Cityemployees have a dispute with their employer now as they have voluntarily signed up to the scheme.
Hopefully something will come of that. Support for them is needed. There is still a long way to go. The Government have managed to delay the implementation until after the next election. If they get back in then there will be no stopping them. If they fail then the Tories will abolish the act and New Labour will say that it's not their fault.
My God! What a poor choice of Political parties we have in the UK and not one inspiring leader amongst them.....