PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 20:53
dublin_eire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOL continues to consider solely low costs and low prices as the single possible marketing tool (flavouring them with some wrangles and theatrical gestures of his own), as if nothing but these cheap fares were a viable measure of success. It's a good tool, but it cannot remain the only method to build upon all the future development of any enterprise. The guy is in some way "locked" into such style of thinking and I feel sorry for him, it just looks like he simply could not get over it. I can see no reason for him to remain so puristic in using this one weapon only, neglecting everything else. Want to keep prices low? Do it across your website, but use other sales channels as well. Start getting more pax from the legacy airlines, from amongst people who do not necessary search just for the cheapest fares. Sell them much higher priced flights via Amadeus or anything else. There are thousands of potential customers that could use some routes if they knew about their very existence and found them useful but do not have time to visit ryanair.com. Improve your general image and brand, be more friendly, it pays. Reorganize your schedules a bit and introduce some (why not pricey) connecting flights, sell other products - like more expensive but flexible group tickets. Facilitate the day trips by improving same day returns, do something different to this old one-sided policy. Think broader, use the potential you already have, ugh!
Total jibberish if you ask me..... MOL keeps fares as low as possible and keeps that impression in our minds. It's a great formula. Look on the highstreet; the same formula works. Pennys/Primark vs Marks & Sparks.... Who does larger business? The 'no frills' option of course. But there will always be the small few who want the service you speak of and that comes at a price. The reason Ryanair are not accepting outside website sales is that its own website contains links that generate significant income. Your plans sounds like it would make HR's hair fall out in a day with staffing costs in implementing it all. I think the service is fine as is. Leave well alone and admire the machine!