PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Live in the centre of Paris and work from CDG?
Old 6th Nov 2008, 16:34
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manflex55, it is indeed the French forum however the original poster had the best chance of a response here & presumably asked the Q in English as he doesn't (yet) understand French.
You, on the other hand, presumably understand English as ( Phaw ) you are forced to exercise it on the RT everyday when you leave French airspace ( poor ex Air- Inter pilots) and assumedly understood the original query & responses. I would therefore respectfully suggest that good manners would have demanded a response in English (if you feel comfortable with that task )& certainly not a lengthy discourse over why this part of PPRuNe must remain only Francophone.
Your attitude is remarkably similar to many French people I encounter here in Girona ( which isn't far from France, but is certainly not in France) who breeze into shops /restaurants/ airport check -in & just start speaking French without even asking if the Catalan/Spaniard in front of them might perhaps understand their language. Or indeed the passenger I had on a flight to Tenerife who couldn't understand why he wasn't welcomed on board in French . . . an Irish aircraft flying from Catalunya to The Canaries with British Flightdeck and Catalan/Polish (etc) Cabin Crew, but why we are not making the announcements and on-board welcome in French.
I know the British are just as bad at this attitude, but you must remember that worldwide we have a rather higher chance of finding someone speaking our language than you do, so at least our arrogance is slightly more realistic, albeit just as penible from your viewpoint I am sure.