PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 6th Nov 2008, 15:37
hold at SATAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough of this willy waving already! Let's get back to the matter in hand (no pun intended)- OUR pension.

I find it incredible that many of us all being convinced by stats and projections made by the very people that want us to agree to them. A vauxhall dealer is only going to promote his (or her) own product and not going to spout the virtues of their competitors.

Yes thay may be convincing, but the figures are there to serve a purpose -frighten us into submission. And divide and on conquer?...I think we are all doing half of NATS manaagement's work fo them already.

Somebody's going to say that the actuarial reports are independent etc. Well there's independent and there's independent. It all depends on what the remit was when selecting Mercers. Also, as the report is secret, how do we know that the numbers are being fed to us correctly or in a balanced way? We don't...and we certainly can't trust OUR union to do so neither, They may not be complicit, but simply ignorant... but then again they might just be part of the plan!

besides, if NATS are going to ignore the vote and put the cap on etc. anyway, why not give them a bloody nose anyway - it might make them think twice in future (not bloody likely) - and just
VOTE NO