PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instruction in SE Asia
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 14:54
larry231

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
China and Philippines

Hi,

I used to work for Beijing Panam and it was a good experience but quite tough to live and work there. the job is not too hard but you gotta put up with some unnecessary problems. The flying definitely isn't there, bad weather, aispace closed by the air force many times, ATC that just don't let you fly at all etc etc etc.

I also worked for Aviatour's Flyin' Inc. in Cebu, Philippines, good place, pay is not as high as in China but still good. Good life there, and everyone speaks english. International students mainly from India and Nepal.

Now what you gotta know is that it might take months to convert your licenses or certificates (it took 9 months just to convert my Comm/SE only and I'm not mentioning my CFI-II-MEI which didn't happen as I went back to the US after my contract of one year).

So if you're looking for hours... stay in the US, trust me. Money ? could be a good bet, but remember as you wait for your licenses you'll have to teach a lot of ground ! Experiencewise, it's just awesome in Asia, but that depends on everybody.

Good luck mate.

Larry