PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher sinking like the Titanic
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:51
Rotorhead1026

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kind of attitude which has led to the present global economic crisis in the first place
In what sense? It started with the government forcing banks to loan money to bad risks (and was propelled by a lot of greed and stupidity by all hands downline).

Nobody forced Mallya to take those jets. If he signed an agreement to pay a penalty for an early return, he should pay it. Period. He's got the money. NOT PAYING UP is at the heart of this global financial "issue" - albeit mostly by people who don't have the resources to do so. Ol' Vijay has the resources. That stated, with friends in government he might get away with this - but he'll pay a price later.

[Followup - the last blog I read said this is a straight repo case, but I don't know for sure]

off a leasing company is foolish, really. As long as they have other "good" customers you'll get nothing but terrible terms for years and be at a competitive disadvantage. My old company actually dissed BOEING and took it in the shorts bigtime.

Mallya had better start minding the store. If he already is, he better step aside and get somebody who knows the job. THAT'S at the heart of KINGFISHER'S problems! Good luck to the employees, though - I hope this gets resolved satisfactorily - somehow.

Last edited by Rotorhead1026; 6th Nov 2008 at 14:36. Reason: followup