PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How often are law documents updated?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 08:27
PlankBlender

My recommendation is:

Get the Jepps from the get-go for AIP's, TAC's, DAP's etc., and just print the CAO's/CAR's once off for the exams.

You'll only need the latter once (i.e. for the exam), and then if you want to look something up in the future, you might just as well go to the website and check out the latest version.

If you're on your way to the airlines or larger GA operators, you'll sooner or later have to switch to Jepps which you'll need on paper on a daily basis, so you might just as well start with them. The Jepps are much lighter to carry than the ASA stuff, they're more logical in their presentation, and generally, why on earth would anyone want to contribute to that money-grabbing tax-collecting controller-maltreating excuse for a company anyway

AIP/DAP change every three months on average (next amendment effective Nov 23, not looking forward to processing the 3cm stack that's on my desk ), and you'll definitely want to use current DAP's and TAC's . The updates are too involved to sort them out from a website, so shelling out for a nice set of brown folders is way to go.. it's just over one hour dual in a twin