PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cap 10
Thread: Cap 10
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 07:16
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hijacked a thread about aeros in general a few weeks ago, asking some questions about the CAP 10B/C. There were some comments on the wing there too, plus a reference to a really useful document.

As I remember, all aircraft with the "B" wing now suffer from a mandatory AD which adds a fatigue index to the aircraft leading to mandatory inspection if a threshold has been reached, and a first-time mandatory inspection in any case because of the past. Every time the g's exceed (as I remember) +5 or -3, this adds a point. When the point total becomes 60, an inspection is required, and it's a fairly complex and costly inspection to perform, requiring that the wing/undercarriage structure is taken off the airframe.

The same AD however specifies an alternative too... Fit the "C" wing. So apparently the "C" wing does not suffer from this.

I know the search function of PPRuNe is not all that great. Why limit the search to four characters minimum in a world full of three-letter acronyms? But with the info above, you might be able to dig out that original thread and link to the AD anyway.

Edited - it's this thread: http://www.pprune.org/private-flying...tic-pilot.html

Last edited by BackPacker; 6th Nov 2008 at 08:34.