PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 6
Thread: MANCHESTER - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 23:12
bmi expat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TartinTon, what you say is blindingly obvious and I can't understand how people can't see that. There are so many posters on here who praise AA/CO/DL/EK etc... for carrying passengers via their hubs, yet crucify BA and now BD for doing the same thing.

I am advised that these routes are profitable NOW in the depth of the worst economic storm in decades.

Why would any business walk away from a profitable business
TBirdFrank... I would love to know who has advised you that "these routes are profitable NOW".

If you honestly believe that BD (and BA) have dropped their longhaul routes from MAN inspite of them being profitable then you are just plain stupid and have got sucked into this whole UK airlines hate serving the UK regions bullsh*t. Yes it is a shame that BD and BA have pulled out, but to say that they would axe profitable routes just to spite the regions is deluded. Both companies have a responsibilty primarily to their shareholders to maximise profit, and have taken these decisions in the light of the current economic climate. Why should they settle for second best by operating longhaul from the regions when they can make the most return for their investment by flying from LHR?