PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 21:28
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Covered Walkway

I checked the North Somerset planning website this evening and so far there are around one hundred objections and thirty-five supporters regarding the airport's application for a Certificate of Lawfulness for its proposed western apron walkway.

Given the well-organised anti-expansion lobby (according to The 'Gruniad' the best of its type in the country) it is not surprising that the antis come out in force. The StopBristolAirportExpansion (SBAE) people have laid out a 'template' on their website for objectors to follow.

The silent majority in favour of BRS expansion (as shown by local newspaper and local television polls) always remain, well.......silent. They only become vocal when they want to fly direct to Outer Mongolia from Bristol and find they can't.

The SBAE people are worried that North Somerset Council will issue the certificate (an about-turn, having already deemed the proposal not permitted development) because the airport would mount a legal challenge if the local authority refused it which could be costly for council tax payers.

easyJet Summer 2009

Easyjet have released their flights for summer 09.....seems less the usual!
I had a wade through their summer 09 timetable and their booking engine this evening and the schedule is not much different from summer 08 so far as I can tell.

The problem with easyJet's web timetable is that it does not always agree with the web booking engine. I've already spotted some discrepancies between the two for next summer.

Broadly speaking it seems the Warsaw* flight will not be back although it is shown in the summer 09 timetable (a 'not available after March 09' box appears when trying a test booking for summer 09, although I believe the WAW is actually finishing this month) and the BFS seems to be 2 x daily instead of the 'historical' 3 and the CDG is also reduced to daily from (I think) 10 x weekly last summer.

* easyJet only have BRS and LTN as WAW destinations in their booking engine and LTN is also shown as not available for booking after next March, so it may be that these routes have not yet been loaded.

Last summer's new routes to Olbia and Biarritz will return, and Lisbon is also back having been dropped for this winter.

Beyond that, there is minor tinkering to one or route frequencies compared to summer 08.

I would add the caveat that this winter's published timetable has been reduced in some areas so I suppose the same could happen with next summer's published timetable if the economy does not pick up.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 5th Nov 2008 at 21:39. Reason: update re WAW route