PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 18:31
Bamboozle Woozle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RMCJ,

Firstly - Calm Down!!! If you are that worked up you are never going to be able to concentrate on the day!

It seems like you are pretty well prepared, and having previous aviation knowledge is always useful. I would recommend learning as much of the document as you possible can, you never know what will crop up in the motivation paper, and if it doesn't, then you will know it for a later date!

I can't recall whether there were any calculations at stage 1 (anybody feel free to correct me!!!) but there is no harm is practising some s/d/t.

Just take the psychometric tests as they come, try and think clearly and work quickly AND accurately - there's no point rushing through and finshing them all if you get most of them wrong!

DON'T try to guess the answers to the personality questionaire - you will be caught out!!! Try to answer as truthfully as possible. I think in total, throughout the whole application process, you do 5 personality questionaires in various different formats and at different dates (try remembering all the answers to those!!!) AND you are likely be asked about your answers to them in your stage 3 interview should you get that far.

Take the opportunity to talk to the ATCO who is there to answer your questions. They don't bite....or so I'm told....!

And don't forget to enjoy yourself! I know its easy to say, but I have been there and I do know what it's like. Talk to the other candidates, not only will it help you to relax, but they may be able to help you out on some of that last minute aircraft recce....

Best of Luck