PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hypertension - How long to get tablet strength correct?
Old 5th Nov 2008, 17:34
xraydice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It took me 7 months before I was down to an acceptable level ,and then as a special reward for taking the tablets , dropping some weight and doing more exercise I was diagnosed with lone atrial fibrillation !As gingernut says the dosage review is very frequent,in my case weekly, I assume the more sedintary piloting of a desk and the reduction in exercise led to my downfall .I dont smoke and I dont drink either , and that makes it harder as there is not much else to give up.
I would say to anyone glancing at this thread, early diagnosis is essential and that can only be through regular check ups, but of course prevention is better than cure , if you can identify the cause of the problem ( I am convinced that the other half is a contributary factor ) .
.Staple, dont think for a moment you GP is erring on the side of caution or over reacting by signing you off. Happened to me , regard it as part of the treatment.All the best