PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the best/most amazing flyby (official or otherwise)?
Old 9th Jan 2002, 06:22
LutzPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the unfortunate experience of being stranded 1300 miles from home on September 11th, and no way get back to my family in Florida except "the old fashioned" way - AKA by automobile.

As chance would have it, the mid-point of my journey way Pensacola Florida where I found acomodations for the night. I was stirred from my slumber early the next morning by to wonderful roar of several military jets. I quickly dressed and followed the sound. The road quickly led to the entrance of the NAS Pensacola, home of the Blue Angels. I found myself standing in the parking lot of the Museum of Naval Aviation, being treated to a personal airshow as they practiced their routines not 500 feet over my head. I was joined by a lone naval aviator, who had also stopped to watch to show that early September morning.

I felt the anger and frustration over the terrible acts committed against my countrymen be replaced by a renewed sense of commitment, and said a quiet prayer for the brave men in uniform who would doubtless be in harm's way in a few short days or weeks.