PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the best/most amazing flyby (official or otherwise)?
Old 8th Jan 2002, 20:45
pulse1

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Back in the 70's the FAA won the race from the top of the Post Office Tower to the top of the Empire State Building using F4's. The company I worked for supplied some rather essential equipment and, to thank us, we were treated to a fly past by Sea Vixens and Phantoms. As it was after working hours I decided to watch from a slight hill, no more than 100', on my way home. Following a sedate fly past by about four Vixens and four Phantoms, was just getting back in the car when they returned one at a time and I swear that I looked down on some of them. I never heard if the local farmer complained after his cows were rushing around his field in complete panic.

This episode was all the sweeter because, some months earlier, the RAF gave us a flypast using Victors and Lightnings. They missed the factory by about 4 miles, even though one of our own aircraft was circling overhead with the company photographer aboard!!